- Four-year undergraduate degree in any major (or the equivalent as determined by VCU International Admissions if degree was earned outside of the U.S.)
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or greater (Those with lower GPAs will be reviewed, but other application materials will weigh more heavily. Other graduate credit can also help your application.)
- All applicants must have passes with a ‘C’ or above, a minimum of one three-credit class in the behavioral sciences and one three-credit class in the social sciences. These classes may include psychology, sociology, math, biology, political science, economics, history, etc. Applicants who do not meet the prerequisite criteria are admitted provisionally with enough time to register for and complete the course requirement at a university or community college of their choice. Failure to complete these requirements before the start of classes could preclude admission to the program. Online students admitted with less than 4 months before the start of the next term, will be allowed to defer to the subsequent term or complete the prerequisite criteria concurrently with the first semester of MSW course.
- Admission to the advanced standing track has the following additional requirements:
- Requires a B.S.W. degree from an accredited institution, no more than five years old prior to the date of application
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Received a ‘B’ or better or pass in senior field placement or if currently in field, an evaluation form from their current field liaison
READY TO GET STARTED ON YOUR ONLINE M.S.W.?
Want to learn more about the program and application process? Get in touch with the form below.